Saturday 12 May 2012

Sow sow.

Had more time in the garden today (YAY!)
So we finished putting stuff in Big Boy's little raised bed.  There are two tomato plants in one end, two peppers in the other, and two rows of flowers sown in between.
Also sowed some more of 'my' seeds.  To add to the carrots, purple-sprouting broccoli and beetroot, I plumped for radish (which I don't really eat) fennel (ditto, but like the smell) and some lettuce.  Of course, this called for some more of the aforementioned lollipop sticks.

Also planted out four of the tomato plants in the 'main' bed, behind the garlic.  Really need to get the carrots and broccoli protected before they start sprouting...
Also had a crack at tidying the patio a bit, but as it's one of my least favourite jobs, it's not yet complete.  I'll head back out after this to carry on (*hangs head in anticipation*)
In other news, the blossom in the orchard continues to delight.  The apples have taken over from the pears (which themselves took over from the plums).  What's more, the quince is blossoming nicely.  Does this mean that we'll have fruit this year?  I hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment