Tuesday 22 June 2010

Getting started.

Well, I'm having a nightmare with the i'net connection, so this is later in the day than I'd hoped, so I'll be quick.
Basically, this is going (probably) to be a sort of garden diary in the main. It'll have some pictures and stuff, but it's as much for me as for anyone, as I hope I'll be able to learn next year from this year's mistakes, and I'm more likely to write it down on the computer than in a book! Some of it will be about veg type stuff. Other stuff will be general garden stuff like flowers and cuttings and all that jazz. There might be a couple of 'projects' too (the compost heap springs to mind).

A whistlestop tour of the garden, veg related areas.
The 'main bed' in terms of veg production. (Currently lying empty...)
The carrots and parsnips.
The raspberries and a couple of strawberries.
The pumpkins and squashes beds (with rhubard)
The tubs with courgettes in and bins with spuds in.
The helper.

So there you have it.
I'll add some more photos and maybe update some of these in better light conditions...
As for today's efforts:
Sown French marigold in mini-plug things. Indoors.
Sown French Marigold in a tray. Outdoors.
Planted out butternut squash in bed (6, 3ft apart - about a foot tall)
Weeded.
Sown Jack o lantern pumpkins (10ish) in little pots indoors.
Sown 3 turks turbans (a couple died outside so need replacing)
Sown 3 pots (2 seeds to a pot) of purple sprouting broc. indoors.

And yesterday, as I'm on here:
weeded raspberries.
Watered everything veg related.
Watered roses.
Meant to water lavender but forgot.

No comments:

Post a Comment